Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our Sister Tribes In Africa - Read First!



Did you know that most Africans who live in Africa can recognize what tribe some black's ancestors belonged to by looking at them?  Well, that is what I was told back years ago by someone who was from Africa. I knew where a couple of my ancestors originated from in Africa, so I tested that person on it. Therefore it might be true because most Africans recognize what tribes other Africans are from. We all have some of our ancestor's features in us because a man and woman become one.  So, I thought in the celebration of Black History Month, I'd do something different. This video has music playing in the background.

Just for fun, see if any of you sisters can recognize by looking at these African sisters some of your features or maybe one that bares resemblance to someone in your family. For those who have mixed heritage you can still try too. You might see one of these sister's that look like an aunt, a sister, a cousin, your mother, or a grandparent. Who knows it might be a clue as to which tribe your ancestors came from.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful video. Thank for posting this.

My grandmother and her mother, brothers, sisters and immediate family have roundish faces and pug noses, they all have a look sort of like Jesse Jackson. that type of facial structure. She never knew where her family came from.
So the only ones I could see that bore a resemblance was the woman on the right in the Zulus from South Africa.

Anonymous said...

Granny, I want to know who my white relatives are. You liberal black dems always miss what's most important. Why haven't you posted about our white ancestry? They are more likely to accept us than the Africans would. That's a fact.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Anonymous 10:22:

You do know that this is an Afro blog right? BTW, you do know that is a myth that Africans do not accept us. Oh...but I guess you don't since you made that assinine statement. Let me correct you on it though, they do not accept us that think we're white or try to be white...you know Uncle Tom's, oreos. BTW, this is Black History month, not white history month. White history months are 11 months a year.

Anyway, I do plan to include some whites in the next black history month topic for black history month, since their history is intertwined with ours.

Anonymous said...

Granny, "Anyway, I do plan to include some whites in the next black history month topic for black history month, since their history is intertwined with ours."

My white ancesters are an important part of Black History. I am glad you recognize that and also see that it's not just February that is our history but the other 11 months of the year as well.

As far as Africans from the continent of Africa..GET REAL.. There have been studies that revealed Africans arrive in America with a prejudice against African Americans. My experience with them validates their prejudices. Many AA's will agree, esp in the Bay Area.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Anonymous 2:57:

"My white ancesters are an important part of Black History. I am glad you recognize that and also see that it's not just February that is our history but the other 11 months of the year as well."

Selfish???

Unknown said...

Check out the “Black Online News Network” (BONN) www.thebonngroup.com . BONN is the largest network of online news portals to date targeted to African Americans. Its current digital network consists of 100 unique and interconnected web sites covering a wide range of today’s hottest topics on the radars of African Americans worldwide.

Carolyn Moon said...

Oh I love this Granny. I'm so glad I found your site and I hope you continue to post. I'm now in the process of reading the rest of your previous entries.

Take care....