Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Cry Out For Closure

As I've stated in the past, I like to read and surf the net.  While doing a little research and surfing the net, I ran across a story out of the past that needs some closure for their families sake.  That closure is long overdue.  What the family is asking for is not much, accept a proper ID of the bodies and to be allowed to give them headstones.

I remember Governor Orville Fabus from back in the day because one of my own relatives was, directly, subjected to his stand against "colored" children attending  those lilywhite schools back during segregation. In his mind, those darkies, one who happen to be related to me, were not entitled to a decent education.

Most black folks remember old Fabus who was known for defying President Eisenhower by closing down the school for a year to keep blacks from attending it and ordering the national guards to keep them out, which led to a showdown between Eisenhower and him.   President Eisenhower won in the end, but not before it got a little undignified as Americans, black and white, watched on televisions screens across the nation.

"THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THESE BOYS SEEK CLOSURE, BUT THE STATE OF ARKANSAS REFUSES TO GIVE THESES FAMILIES PERMISSION TO EXHUME AND DNA TEST THE REMAINS. THEY NEED TO KNOW WHERE THEIR LOVED ONE ARE."~~Black History.com~~ 

March 5, 1959, before dawn, the dormitory at the school caught fire. The two doors leading out of the room were locked. "I didn't understand what he meant when he said they had the doors locked, so I guess that's what he was telling me. They had two doors locked between them,? says Lawrence.~~Robert Bell~~

My topic today is said to be tied to the "Little Rock Nine Arkansas" crisis.  However, it was left out of history books and very few people knew about it.  Truthfully speaking this is my first time hearing of it. Therefore, I thought I would shine a little spotlight on it today.

3 comments:

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Anonymous 10:41

I dunno. It's my first time hearing about it. Therefore, it might be that people didn't know about it either. I don't remember the news flashing this incident on the tv screen at that particular time.

Blinders Off said...

WOW!

This is probably not the first unknown event in the history of Blacks in American. However, the information age is bringing pass and present unfairness to the forefront.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Blinders:

Yup, I guess the chicken are coming home to roost after all.