Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Southern Politics And Main Stream Media Connection


I pray that all has been well with each and every one of you. BTW, I missed y'all! Today, I decided to post on a few things that I have been thinking about lately. Before I begin, I am not promising that I will be able to post on a daily basis like I did in the past. In fact, I have to slow it down a bit and hope that my readers will understand. Therefore, my blogging will be limited but I am going to post at least three or four times a month. Now with that said, let me get on with what I have to say. The root of division in our country has always been behind "Southern Politics".

While I was taking a break and catching up on some reading, I pulled a book out my vast and diverse collection that I hadn't got a chance to read. I read a lot but sometimes in my collection of books I don't always get to read all of them when I buy them. So I save them to read later on. Anyway, I happened to come across one book that I brought back a few years ago. The name of the book is “Journey of Hope: The Back to Africa Movement”. While reading this book, the first thought that came to my mind was the political atmosphere and how in some ways it mirrors today—the getting elected by any means necessary, which included threats of violence, and attempts to dehumanize a group of people. In addition, how a certain political party sets out to throw up roadblock and stymie any progress with racist ulterior motives. You see, history does repeat itself. It is the same old doo-doo that folks attempt to cover up with a different air freshener. However, the faint smell of it will linger in the air enough for some folks to detect it.

Before I left to take a break, “Fox We Make It Up News” was busy smearing Acorn. Why? Because Acorn had the nerve to register poor black folks to vote and of course that was a no-no as far as Roger Ailes was concerned seeing how he hates black folks with a passion and he more than likely feels that those poor black folks helped get a half black man elected President. Heaven forbid! Therefore, Roger had his goons to work on slandering and destroying Acorns reputation. They did an excellent job of it too because they were able to get Acorns government funding cut off.

Well, after a two-month independent investigation, it has been determined that Acorn did no criminal wrongdoing. The only thing that they were guilty of was mismanagement. Not only that they found out those sting videos used against Acorn had been doctored and manipulated. Yet and still, the media did not do a big coverage on the findings to rectify Acorn’s reputation. Nah, they just left it like it was. Therefore, the main stream media is just as guilty of lacking integrity as “Fox We Make It Up” is. If the main stream media is trying to build a reputation of honesty, fairness, trust, and reliability-they’ve failed to convince me.

Earlier this month, a two-month independent investigation of ACORN, by former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, found incidents of mismanagement, but no criminal wrongdoing by ACORN, the favorite whipping boy of Republican scammers such as Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Fox "News" and the GOP itself. That investigation also found that the "sting videos" used recently against ACORN were doctored and manipulated. ~~The Brad Blog~~


People you have to ask yourself the question why would they go to such great lengths to destroy and slander Acorn. We were bombarded by hours and hours and months of accusations aimed at Acorn after and during the elections by main stream media. Why haven’t we been bombarded with the same efforts and amount time of main stream media rectifying the wrong done to Acorn?

Oh, I forgot, the Tiger Woods story is a so-called more news worthy story. Or is it a desire to take a black man down, destroy his marriage, livelihood, and reputation because his wife happens to be blond and white and he invaded another sacred space of whites—golf? Yeah, Tiger Woods cheated on his wife but then 3/4 of Americans are probably cheating on or have cheated on their spouses as well at one time or another. The way I see it, that is between them and their spouse and not the whole wide world. Don't get me wrong, I despise a cheating spouse and she would be more than with in her right to pull a "Waiting to Exhale" on him like Bernadette did. At least that is what I would do in her situation but I wouldn't need main stream media help to do that and wouldn't take to kindly to them butting in my personal affairs. In fact, It would inspire me to keep him around just to piss all those meddling folks off like Hillary Clinton did with Bill to send a message "Mind Your Own Business".

Nevertheless, why does his wife have to be humiliated in the process? Hasn't she been hurt enough by finding out her husband was cheating on her. Why add public humiliation to the pain? In our so-called Christian nation, marriage vows are sacred, and those vows also include a clause in it that says, “What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.” However, seeing how this being a Christian nation is a myth, I guess being busy-bodies and involving our noses in other folks personal business is the American way and really what America is all about let main stream media tell it. They make the National Enquirer look legit and top-notched news. Well, I guess they don't make journalist like they used to. The days of Walter Cronkite are over and all you need now are good gossiping skills to become a journalist.

19 comments:

ƉƟѴІΞLΞΞ © said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MY GRANNY! BABY IVE MISSED YOU SOO MUCH! THANK GOD THAT YOU ARE OK! I DONT CARE IF U POST ONLY ONCE...AS LONG AS YOU POST BABY. WE REALLY LOVE YOU....DESPITE SOME HATERS....MMMMHMMMMMM THOSE BITCHES!

btw, its me Della Reese, Ive decided to go by my real name. Ive also changed my blog title to SPANK MY FOOGLEWOOGLE. stop by if u have time baby.


AND TIGER WOODS SUCKS!

Anonymous said...

I E-MAILED you once, I went to OPRAH'S website after she had done the OBAMA'S CHRISTMAS special and the video was hacked up!

Well you are back, I would check your BLOG from time to time, I was waiting for you to post something, the MEDIA did not stop until they FORCED Tiger's wife to divorce him, they worked on her day in and day out, CNN was the worst, and that black new's anchor on CNN with the last name LEMON was determined to SMEAR tiger to the latter end, and he did, he went nonstop!

I don't know if Tiger watched the new's, but, he should have, he need's to see this side of the MEDIA, and no, we had no business in this couple's affair's, and TIGER WOOD doe's not owe me any explanation, and why doe's he need to go to a SEX CLINIC for his behavior? this man is no different from any other man, he just got out of control, but, trust me, I could tell you some story's about Celebrity men, my sister was MARRIED to a well known Musician, and trust me,he make's Tiger look like a CHOIR BOY! LOL!

GOD BLESS you GRANNY*

ISEEISEE

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Dovie:

Thank you Dovie for the warm welcome. Scroll down to "My About Me profile" on here and get my e-mail address and e-mail me a link to your blog. I'll add you to my blog list.

Hey IseeIsee:

I have a few celebrities in my family as well, so I definitely, know what you mean about making Tiger look like a choir boy. For that fact, I know a whole bunch of folks that would make Tiger look like a Choir boy and they're not just black folks either. And keeping it real, I believe half of those women accusing Tiger are lying, scheming, conniving, and money-hungry.

Did his wife divorce him? I thought she was gonna hold off on that.

Lady-Cracker said...

Granny, am I glad to hear from you. I have been kinda o9ut and about and don't get to the computer much, but I had not seen your posts. Some on on Field's latest comment list said that you were dead.

Glad you are not, Happy New Year!
LC

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Lady-Cracker:

Oh Lawd! Nah, I am very much alive and if God willing I plan to be around for some years to come. I had to take a break for a minute. Usually around the winter time I take a break anyway. The cold weather doesn't agree with me and I had another reason for not blogging that I won't say on here.

Some even thought that I had stopped blogging because of comments certain ones made, but people's comments don't faze me one bit. They have their opinion and I have mine. LOL!

I had been pretty busy myself the last couple of months.

Happy New Years to you too. I pray that you have a prosperous and blessed year.

Blinders Off said...

WELCOME BACK GRANNY!

Mainstream media has not been the same since Walter Cronkite left the scene. The problem is Big Business has taken over the media and America.

America is treading on dangerous grounds and its getting scarier every day. I use to think my husband was crazy for saying a few years ago, "We will be shooting out of our windows one day", now I he could be right :(

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Thanks Blinder!

That is the truth. Greed is evil and destructive. Don't you just wish we could ban greed forever.

Jody said...

Welcome back Granny! Good to see you here..... As to the so called main stream media.... it is almost painful to watch..... They should all be embarassed for what they pass off as "news." I am sure Edgar R. Murrow is rolling in his grave that some of these so called journalists count themselves among his peers. What the hell are they teaching in journalism classes these days anyway???

StillaPanther2 said...

Sister Granny... I too saw the mort diss about you. So glad to hear you are well and on the up. I also feel you about the blogging. When I am on the computer I am all over the place reading any and every thing. When I do start to blog at my spot-Still A Black Panther- I will not have it as a daily thing. With the age factor, I am trying to do a lot of things to complete in my senecent years. Many of my peers in my age group are going on into thenext plan. So blogging will be a purely secondary non-stress activity. Noww- about the hateful politics. There is much hidden behind closed doors. The status quo still run the show. One group of crooks holding office until the next crook crew come to office. I am amazed the we as citizens allow the same group to continuously run the show. I wish we could vote directly on some of these issues that can't/will not be decided on. Again, thanks for presenting views from a perspective of having "been there".

StillaPanther2 said...

Sister Granny... I too saw the mort diss about you. So glad to hear you are well and on the up. I also feel you about the blogging. When I am on the computer I am all over the place reading any and every thing. When I do start to blog at my spot-Still A Black Panther- I will not have it as a daily thing. With the age factor, I am trying to do a lot of things to complete in my senecent years. Many of my peers in my age group are going on into thenext plan. So blogging will be a purely secondary non-stress activity. Noww- about the hateful politics. There is much hidden behind closed doors. The status quo still run the show. One group of crooks holding office until the next crook crew come to office. I am amazed the we as citizens allow the same group to continuously run the show. I wish we could vote directly on some of these issues that can't/will not be decided on. Again, thanks for presenting views from a perspective of having "been there".

Bob said...

Welcome back. Missed you over at Field's.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Hello Jody, StillaPanther, and Bob.

Jody, thanks for reminding me about Edward R. Murrow. A friend of mind is a professor and teaches journalism and he and I said the same thing. He cannot believe what the news is passing off as journalism these days. His wife is a newspaper reporter and you wouldn't believe some of the things they are force to write these days.

StillaPanther:
As you know I'm from the old school, I know how to play the dozens too, and can play them real good. Those folks don't faze me one bit. The thing is they prevent folks from having a decent and intelligent conversation discussing different views and learning. I believe that some of them come from Stormfront judging from their convo. They send out people to disrupt black blogs.

I had to take a break because of a couple of things. That cold weather does not agree with me.

Bob, I missed you too and I do visit your blog every once in awhile to enjoy the peace there.

BTW, StillaPanther and Bob, scroll down and open my "About Me Profile" and get my e-mail address and mail me your blogs links so that I can add both of you to my blog list. I would love to add both of you.

grinder said...

Glad to see you back bloggin' Granny.

I have authentically mixed feelings about Tiger Woods. Part of me says that he had to have known they didn't pay him $100 million plus per year just for being a great golfer. They turned him into an icon, and he was ever so happy to help out. The scandal press wasn't exactly invented last Thursday afternoon, so at some level (like Bill Clinton) the man was asking for it.

But the swiftness of his fall, and the piling on, was too much. It doesn't seem like anyone has questioned whether it's okay for his wife to have resorted to violence.

The whole thing is straight out of a Greek tragedy.

Anyway, Granny, happy new year.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Grinder:

Today I am sort of busy around the house and I have a few errands to run today. So, I won't be online after I post this comment today or tomorrow.

Anyway, I happen to come online to read the news and what is the first article I see another woman claiming to have had an affair with Tiger. She claims that they had sex and used ecstasy together. I truly believe that some of those women are lying, maybe, not all of them but half of them are. Just a gut feeling I have.

grinder said...

I am really wondering where the hell he is. My gut feeling is that his Swedish wife did a bad number on his face with that 9 iron and he's getting reconstructive surgery. As for these women coming forward, WTF? Buncha skanks.

grinder said...

Here's another good one: Italian skank claims that she witnessed Tiger Woods doing it with other guys. Ha ha!

field negro said...

Hi Granny, glad to see you back. I just stopped by to holla @ you, and to let you know that it's cold hear on the leastcoast. :(

Keep doing what you do my warrior Queen.

Black Diaspora said...

Granny, let me offer my Welcome Back along with the others. We worry about you when we don't hear from you.

Nevertheless, set whatever blogging schedule that's best for you.

Right or wrong, or for better or worse, the media can, and often do, destroy what it's built. First they love you, then they hate you, only to love you again.

This is not the last of Tiger: He'll come roaring back, and once again be lauded as a media darling.

ACORN took a big hit from Fox News, in particular. I'm wondering if ACORN can sue, and recover money, and airtime to repair the damage it has sustained at their hand.

It bothered me that the Dems didn't throw their support behind the group, but was all too eager to desert them, right along with their detractors.

Anyone who wasn't prejudiced against the group could see what was being done to them, all because, as you say, they spent their resources to register "poor black folk."

For Republicans that was an unforgivable act, and the Repubbas were never going to rest until they made them pay, and send a message to all such groups--use your community standing, and clout, to elect Dems, and to defeat Republicans, and your days will be numbered.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Hey Field, thanks I am glad you took the time to drop by. It's cold out this way too, so I'm gonna curl up under my bed covers and read a book and watch a little tv.

Black Diaspora:

Thanks, it is always a pleasure to see your fonts. BTW, you nailed it with your comments. That is exactly the message they're trying to send.