"Wisdom is knowing the truth, and telling it."~~Unknown
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Are Americans Plum Crazy?
Either Americans are plum crazy or the news media is deceiving the people. There is no way in the world that people in their right mind that if a snake bite them once that they would want it to bite them again. That just isn't logical I don't care how you look at it.
Nevertheless, I've been keeping a close eye on the polls over at Hufffingtonpost. What's strange is for some reason the numbers next to the Democrat candidate has not changed one point since I first begin keeping an eye on them a few weeks ago. However, the majority of people say that they are voting for Democrats in the midterm. One or two people say that they are voting for Republicans. Okay, so how is that all the polls are showing that Republicans are leading in the House? That's where the bills are first brought to the floor and they propose new laws. In addition, that is where a bill is killed before it even reaches the Senate. Do folks really want to hand over the House to the Party of "NO."
After all, who in their right mind would want to vote for a party that wants to steal grandma and grandpa's check and close down public schools so that millions of little Susies and Tommies can stay at home seven days a week? Or a party that intends to cut minimum wages, outsourced jobs, and cause the low-income and middleclass to have a turf war over cardboard boxes space under some freeway underpath in America? Okay, I'm just kidding about the turf war over cardboard boxes space, but then...the way this country will be headed if the GOP gets back in control you never know that might become a reality.
Let me just summed up what the GOP party wants to do:
1) Abolish minimum wage laws which would force American workers to work for less pay
2) Block unemployment benefits forcing millions of Americans to literally starve
3) Slash Social Security benefits-even up to half of what they are now forcing senior citizens to literally starve
4) Gut Medicare funding
5) Gut Medicaid funding
6) Abolish Department of Education
7) Abolish Department of Energy
8) Abolish the Veteran's Administration
9) Cut much state financial aid needed to avoid massive layoffs of teachers, police, fire, etc.
10) Cut of state aid would have a trickle down effect on local municipalities/suburbs-forcing them to do layoffs of police, fire, as well as close libraries, etc.
11) Will defund various categories of new heath care reform stripping millions of Americans of much needed access to quality health care
12) Will reverse aspects of financial reform to aid corporate/wall street in the continuation of unscrupulous practices against Americans
13) Will extend tax cuts for the richest 2% adding an additional $830 billion more in deficits
14) Will block funding for homeless veterans and homeless women
15) Will disregard the needs of middle America, minorities and the poor
16) Will work toward increased privatization of prisons
17) Will block lending programs/tax breaks for small businesses
18) Will paralyze the Obama administration with endless subpoenas and investigations in hopes of impeaching President Obama
19) Will literally shut down the government by defunding programs
20) Will repeal the 14th amendment which provides citizenship to all people born in the U.S.
21) Will kill cap and trade efforts
22) Will slash food stamp programs
23) Will roll back and repeal equal rights for gays
24) Will privatize Social Security
25) Will cut education spending along with college student aid
Now I ask you is their agenda in behalf of "We the People" or in behalf of corporations and the rich?
All of my life I observed people and often wondered why hatred between the human beings exists. As a black woman I have experienced it proliferated towards my people and me in myriad extreme and often subtle forms in which one could ever imagine toward a group of people.
One day, while meditating I asked the question why do people hate so much not knowing that this question would take me on a journey that would lead to an answer which has been one of the greatest deceptions in the history of mankind.
My journey has led me to the place that I am now, which is fighting against injustice, inequality, and enslavement of the minds of my people by the pharaohs of today.
Lord knows I am not perfect, nor do I profess to be. Neither are my people and no human being on earth is as a matter-of-fact. There are human flaws in every single race.
So, then my question is what gives one race the idea that they should have control over all others?